The Smoky Mountains are full of natural wonders, including incredibly scenic views and plenty of fun things to do. But what does the area have that makes it so popular? Find out in this blog article!
What is Gatlinburg?
Gatlinburg is a city located in the Great Smoky Mountains of Tennessee. It is home to some of the most beautiful scenery in the United States. The city is known for its festivals and events, as well as its delicious food.
Some of the top things to do in Gatlinburg include hiking, biking, visiting attractions like Dollywood and Ripley’s Aquarium, and going shopping at local businesses. There is something for everyone to enjoy in this beautiful city.
The Top 10 Most Interesting Things to do in the Smoky Mountains
If you’re looking for an amazing place to enjoy the natural beauty and history of the Smoky Mountains, look no further than Gatlinburg.
Gatlinburg is a charming town with plenty to offer visitors. Here are five of the top things to do in Gatlinburg:
The Top 10 Most Interesting Things to do in Gatlinburg are as follows:
1. Visit the Smokey Mountains National Park – This is one of the most popular attractions in Gatlinburg, and for good reason! The park contains beautiful scenery, abundant wildlife, and lots of history.
2. Catch a show at the Dollywood Theme Park – This is another great option if you want to enjoy some entertainment while in Gatlinburg. There are several shows available each day, and you can also find restaurants and shops inside the theme park.
3. Take a hike or bike ride through the Smoky Mountains – The scenery here is simply amazing! You can hike up mountains or mountain bike down them – it’s up to you!
4. Tour the Cliff Hanger amusement park – This is another great place to spend a day in Gatlinburg. It features several rides, including a roller coaster that is sure to give you a thrill!
5. Shop at the many boutiques and stores in Gatlinburg – from jewelry stores to clothing retailers, there are plenty of options available for those who want to do some shopping while in Gatlinburg.
6. Enjoy the nightlife in Gatlinburg – After a long day of exploring, there’s nothing better than unwinding at one of the many bars or clubs in Gatlinburg. You can find live music and dance the night away!
7. Visit Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies – This is a must-see attraction for anyone visiting Gatlinburg. It features over 10,000 aquatic animals, making it one of the largest aquariums in the United States!
8. Take a scenic drive through the Smoky Mountains – This is a great way to see all that the area has to offer. There are several scenic routes to choose from, so you can tailor your drive to your own interests.
9. Go tubing down the Little Pigeon River – This is a great activity for those who want to cool off on a hot day. You can tube down the river for miles, and there are plenty of places to stop and take a break along the way.
10. Play mini golf at one of Gatlinburg’s many courses – This is a fun activity for the whole family! There are several different courses to choose from, so you can find one that is perfect for your skill level.
These are just a few of the many great things to do in Gatlinburg. No matter what your interests are, you’re sure to find plenty of activities to keep you busy while you’re in town.
Where to Stay
If you’re looking for a place to stay while in Gatlinburg, there are a few options available. The most popular option is to stay in a cabin or lodge. These establishments have a wide range of prices and offer plenty of amenities, such as restaurants, pools, and golf courses.
Another option is to stay in an apartment. These rentals are cheaper than cabins or lodges but don’t offer as many amenities. They are also more popular among tourists who want to be close to the attractions but don’t want to spend too much money.
If you’re looking for something unique, consider staying in a park cabin. These cottages are built on the grounds of a park and typically only rent out during peak season. They offer great views of the mountains and are quite affordable compared to other options.
Whatever you choose, make sure to check out the different options available before making your decision. You won’t regret spending some time in Gatlinburg!
How to Get There
If you’re looking for a great time in the Smoky Mountains, look no further than Gatlinburg. Located in the western part of Tennessee, Gatlinburg is a favorite tourist destination for people all over the United States.
To get to Gatlinburg, you can take either I-40 or I-26. I-40 takes you through Knoxville and Memphis before reaching Gatlinburg. I-26 takes you through Chattanooga and Nashville before reaching Gatlinburg.
Once you’re in Gatlinburg, there are many things to do. Some popular attractions include the Dollywood theme park, the Smoky Mountains National Park, and the Blue Ridge Parkway. If you’re looking for a more peaceful experience, consider visiting Oak Ridge National Laboratory or enjoying a quiet walk in the woods. Whatever you choose to do in Gatlinburg, make sure to enjoy the amazing scenery and wonderful people who live there.
When to Visit
When should you visit Gatlinburg, TN?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best time to visit will vary depending on your interests and schedule. However, some general tips on when to visit the Smoky Mountains may be helpful.
Gatlinburg typically experiences mild weather during the summer months, so it is a good option for travelers who are looking for a moderate climate. The town is also generally bustling with tourists in the summer, so it can be difficult to find a quiet moment or spot to relax. However, December through February can be relatively quiet and peaceful, making it a good time to explore the town on your own.
Whatever time of year you choose to visit Gatlinburg, make sure you enjoy all of the activities and attractions available in the area. From hiking and biking trails to amusement parks and ski resorts, there is something for everyone in the Smoky Mountains.